Amy has been so excited about the prospect of getting braces. I figured for sure she would be talking it up all the time at school, but she wanted it to be a surprise for her classmates and only told TWO friends that today was the big day!
Kristen and I picked Amy up from school at 10:15 and headed over to Dr. Lang's office. The office is close by and the staff are wonderful and friendly. Our technician today was Jocelyn. She started Amy off by having Amy brush her teeth at the "tooth brushing station."
Then it was time for a panoramic x-ray and some funky looking pictures. Yes, I had to get pictures of all of them, though Amy begged, "Please don't put these on your blog." Hmmm, would I do that? I'll pick the most flattering ones, how's that?
Amy didn't spend too long pondering her color choices--pink and green bands for this visit. While the film was being processed, Jocelyn started by polishing Amy's two front teeth and prepping them for the application of the brace. The blue goo is part of the process of cleaning and then making sure that the teeth are super dry before applying the actual glue.
Then Dr. Lang came in, applied the two brackets, cleaned off the excess glue, bid us a fond farewell, and was out of there.
Jocelyn shaped the wire and applied the bands. She finished up by giving instructions on brushing (she recommend three minutes each time), flossing, and general braces care. Voila! Amy's all done and back to school by 11:35.