We are in full swing with summer vacation. I try to keep track of the funny sayings going on around here with three kids adding to the mix.
I dropped Misha off at the library on Thursday to pick up some books while I went to pick up Kristen from a play date. While en route, Misha was kind of snuffing her nose, and I asked, "Do you have stuffy nose? Are you getting sick or just have allergies?" She responded that she was fine, but I demonstrated the sound of her snuffing her nose and said, "That doesn't really sound fine." Her reply, "I'm just sighing through my nose." What?
Kristen contributed this next one. Previously on that same day, Kristen and I drove past a field with horses in it. She proceeded to tell me that she knew of two other places where she has seen horses. The first was at her great aunt Lori's ranch and the other was at an old lady's house. "But we don't tell her that she is old when we go to her house, right Mom?"
For the finale, I was waiting in the car with my three wonderfully behaved, non-whining children while Chris returned an item to Home Depot. Misha was playing games on my ipod, and Amy was reading in the backseat. Kristen wanted my ipod and proceeded to begin asking, complaining, whining loudly and finally said, "I don't have an 'i anything.'" Amy, from the back of the van, pleaded, "Can you call Dad and have him pick up some duct tape?"