Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scooter Love

Kristen received two more packages in the mail today. Walkie talkies from her dad and a Sweat Pea Pink "Razor" scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Ball. We haven't been able to remove the clip from the walkie talkies yet to insert the batteries, so she'll have to wait a day or two until Chris gets home.



A couple of months ago, Kristen decided that she wanted a two-wheel scooter to replace her wobbly three-wheel, not-so-big-girl scooter. Then she changed her mind. When Grandma Ball asked for a gift idea, I sent her a link for the scooter anyway. I hoped that Kristen would be agreeable. Sad to say Grandma, when she saw the scooter, she wasn't too impressed, "I thought I told you I didn't want one." I replied, "I didn't give you the scooter, Grandma did." Hmmm, you could tell it was a little more acceptable since Grandma gave it to her.



Two-wheeled transporters seem to freak her out. I offered to help her ride the scooter on the hardwood by showing her where to put her feet and how to push; I balanced her for a bit. It only took her a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. She's in love. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa. She's been riding all evening long. Once she takes it outside to ride to school tomorrow, it won't be coming back inside, so she's been taking full advantage of my generosity.



She offered to let her sisters ride her scooter if they did what she wanted--"You can clean my room." They opted not to ride.