"You’re a GIRL! I was certainly surprised. I thought for sure that you would be a boy. Dad and I went for the ultrasound yesterday morning at 8:30 am. The technician, Kaylene, who did the ultrasound was great and answered all of our questions. She asked us whether or not we wanted to know your gender if she was able to determine it and we both said, “Yes.” I was completely prepared for her to say that you looked like a boy, but instead she said you were looking like a girl. I didn’t believe her at first, but she said that she was 99% certain. The transition was amazing. We immediately started referring to you as “she” and “her”.
As I laid on the bed watching the ultrasound, seeing your heart, hearing it beat, seeing all of the parts of you working so wonderfully, little tears kept spilling out the corner of my eye. We are thrilled about you." Journal entry Friday, July 30, 1999
Once I knew that our first child would be a girl, I dreamed of a brown-eyed, curly-haired little girl. As I held Amy in my arms after she was born, I was amazed by this sweet girl with a curly-cue of hair on the top of her head. I am so thankful for the wonderful blessing of Amy in my life.