Monday, May 27, 2013

Last Day of School

My girls were all excited for the last days of school.  I don't want them out of school a week early, but the last week of school is pretty pointless.  The girls came home and told me which movies they had watched that day.  I think Misha and Amy enjoyed the freedom of riding their bikes to school and not having to ride the bus anymore. 

I tried to meet Kristen for her school-wide picnic on Thursday at lunch.  However, as I arrived at the school, I looked around the Pilot and realized that I had forgotten her packed lunch back at the rental.  Parking was already bad, but I decided to head back to get her lunch.  I knew Kristen would be getting a little worried that I wasn't there.  I tried to hurry, and as I returned, I decided just to park in the bus area.  I found Kristen's teacher who told me that Kristen had gone to the office to call me.  I hurried to the office to find her.  She was holding herself together, but I knew she was pretty near tears as well.  "Where were you?"  And I had to explain that I forgot her lunch.  So sorry my sweetheart. 

We returned to the area where her class had been sitting and sat to enjoy a lunch.  Kristen had originally thought that she would stay the whole day and have a fun afternoon watching movies and helping her teacher.  During lunch she decided that she just wanted to return to the rental with me.  That was fine.

Misha had nothing too exciting happening for the last day, though I am sure she was just watching movies and goofing around.

Amy on the other hand, had been looking forward to her last day of school--a day at Elitches.  She had such a fun day and returned to the school around 6 pm so totally wiped out.  She's not one to usually go to bed early if she doesn't have to--she didn't need too much convincing that night.

I now have a high school freshman, 7th grader, and 3rd grader.  Now just to decide where to send two of them to school next year.