Misha worked with her group (think 20+) of kids to plan their Senior Prom night. Picture-taking was planned for our beach and we watched the weather leading up to Prom night. It rained. And rained. And finally stopped raining Friday afternoon before her Saturday events.
I sent Misha down to the beach on Saturday morning to check the feasibility of using still having her friends come for pictures. While it was a little soggy, Misha determined if they were to stay on the grass instead of the muddy road, it should be fine.
Misha had help from Kristen on makeup, Mom on curling her hair, and Amy on makeup touchups , lashes, and the updo.
So, at 5 pm, kids and their parents started to show up and we directed them down to the beach. Chris drove the Pilot down with a bunch of girls in pretty dresses.
Lots of fun picture opportunities.
One of the parents owns a bus and graciously offered to drive the kids around for the night if they would pay for gas.
I texted Misha around 8 pm asking when they would announce Prom Queen. Around 9:30 pm I got a quick text saying that she didn't win.
I told Misha that she didn't have a curfew for the evening but that she was expected to be up and ready to go to 9 am church AND she had to be happy.
She got home from the After Party around 4:30 am. I was dozing in her bed waiting for her because I wanted to see how her evening had been. Asking about the prom queen announcement, she said that even though she didn't win, when they announced her name and she walked down the fancy staircase, she got the most thunderous applause of all the girls. "That was enough for me."






