We had a great Christmas Day. We changed our "come out of your room" time from 7 am to 8 am. Amy was happy to sleep in, but she wasn't waking up fast enough. It all started with a phone call from Kristen to Amy's phone and then text messages:
Kristen:
SEESTER WAKE UP!!!!!!!
IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!
SEESTER!!!!
Chris:
Mmmm. These donuts are sure yummy
Kristen:
AMY CHRISTINE WAKE UP!!!!!!
Amy
I'm up I'm up
We enjoyed a leisure morning of gifting. Some of the gifts of special note were the gifts of jewelry from Grandma Andrews. My girls were particularly touched to have heirlooms passed to them from their great grandmother.
Another new tradition of making pasta, gnocchi, and meatballs was heartily appreciated.
I even tried my hand at a Instapot flourless chocolate cake. I think maybe next time I would add in some milk chocolate instead of just using semi-sweet chocolate, but it turned out great.