Saturday, June 26, 2021

Canceled Frederick in Flight

Every year I see the balloons dotting the sky with Frederick in Flight Days. I told Chris we should go check them out this year.

Apparently, the balloon people have to race a course and complete tasks while in the air.

I got up early to go this morning and when I arrived, there was a sign on the corner of the field that said, "Frederick in Flight Cancelled Today". I imagine it was due to weather conditions, but man! The first time I try to go and it is cancelled.

I did take pictures of the lone balloon that floated our direction and then touched down in the field across the way a couple of days ago.


I saw all of the balloons on my early morning walk. See all of those little dots in the sky?
It seemed like a fun idea to see them up close and personal.