Friday, November 12, 2021

Thankful Day 12 - Daughters

I am thankful for my daughters.

As a new mom, I was a little amazed, overwhelmed, and dazed that the hospital just let me take these little people home. I remember thinking, "I don't know enough. I don't know how to be a mom."

Regardless of what we know or don't know or even think we know, the responsibility of being a parent is huge. And yet, my daughters have made a tremendous impact on my life. They have changed me...for good.

I love these words from the musical "Wicked" which say,

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you
...
Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good