Saturday, April 2, 2022

Sharpen Shears

I have taken my garden hedge shears to Ace in previous years to have them sharpened. When I called this year, the person I talked to suggested that I could probably do it myself with the right tools.

A couple of years ago the girls gave me a knife sharpener and that is exactly what I used for the hedging tool. I had to taken the blades apart (and I should have taken pictures as Chris suggested), but I was able to try sharpening and it worked. 

I did have to find a photo online to make sure I got the blades back together in the right way.

I think I will probably do it again and run the blade through the sharpener more times, but that certainly cuts down on the cost of paying someone else to sharpen them for me. I also sharpened and cleaned all of my hand snips as well. 

If you have never watched Garden Answer on Youtube, (click the link to see her full line of videos) you should give this couple a try. Their videos answer so many of my questions and are pretty interesting to watch.