Kristen didn't appreciate at times that we were excited for the future before us without girls at home. Chris and I both shared with Kristen that while she was excited for her new future, we were just as excited about ours.
That is how it should be. Chris and I love being together. We have friends who seem to be floundering in their relationship now that their children have all moved out of the house. The good news? Chris and I like each other. We love to spend time together. We have a great relationship.
We have happily spent the past 24 years either pregnant or raising our daughters. Years we wouldn't trade for anything.
That being said, we are looking forward to time together, taking off on weekends, travel...lots of fun stuff.
I noted earlier that we have raised all of our girls to be excited about "leaving the nest." That was our job. It didn't mean we weren't going to miss our girls or wish they were home sometimes.
Reality hit both Chris and I smack in the face on Sunday night after we returned from Salt Lake City and from dropping Kristen off. While we were processing our GRIEF differently, we were both feeling homesick for a life that would no longer be.
Chris lay in bed that night with tears running down his cheeks, missing all of his girls with a love that was so huge and maybe some regret that he hadn't done more, been more... Amy, Misha, and Kristen, I know that you know, he was all the "more" you could have ever wanted or needed.
I, on the other hand, comforted him while also feeling an overwhelming sense of mourning. It felt almost as though a part of me had died.
There would be no more nightly check-ins with Mom and Dad with a whispered, "I'm home. Love you."
There would be no more climbing onto Mom and Dad's bed and curling up next to them.
There would be no more hugs on a daily basis.
My dearest daughters. You are LOVED. You are all capable, beautiful, exceptional young women. Your future is bright and we look forward to watching you continue to grow and soar. Just know that we miss you too.
2008
2009
2010
2012
2014
2017
2021


.jpg)



