Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My two-year old

So I thought I was being a really nice mom by checking out a music CD for Kristen to listen to. That was a big mistake. I tried to tell her that it was just music and no movie. That set her to crying and wailing for a movie. It didn't help when I turned the tv on to show her that there were no "pictures" with this CD, and she just happened to glimpse Sponge Bob Square Pants before I could change the channel and thought that was the movie. More crying. More wailing. It is soooooo frustrating trying to reason with a two-year old!

We went to our new library yesterday for story time. If you haven't been to check it out, you need to go. HOWEVER, (I need to be able to underline that too to give it enough emphasis) the workers there are very adamant that children under 12 are not to be left alone. If you want to look around, don't take your kids. Those ladies will find you faster than a flea on a hound dog, AND they won't hesitate to give you a lecture. But I digress. Kristen hasn't had story time with Miss Jan since last November when they closed things down to get ready to move. As usual, Miss Jan gave a sticker to Kristen when story time was over and stuck it on her hand . It was a dog sticker (and being the supportive, interested mom that I am), I asked her what was on her sticker--thinking, of course, that she would say "dog". Her response, "My arm." Can't argue with that.

Good thing her cute moments balance out the not-so-cute ones. Here's my little sweet pea looking Spring-time cute!