Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rascal Flatts



So my brother, Mitch, sent me a link for getting some "free" Rascal Flatts tickets. It was a little short notice, but Chris and I had never gone to a concert together before and thought it might be fun--especially since we both like the music. The first bunch of times I kept getting my not-so free tickets up in the last row of the arena (I say not so free because they ended up being about $7.50 each, but who can complain about that?) What fun would it be to watch a bunch of specs from the nosebleed section? Tickets on the second row of the club level just slightly behind the stage finally came available and after a little contemplation, I decided to get the tickets.

Turns out it wasn't such a bad place to sit. Probably four or five seats to the right would have been better, and obviously lower and more central would have been ideal, but it was great. The stage was huge and covered much of the stadium floor so there was always something to see.



Until.....

The annoying lady sat down in front of us. I wouldn't have expected her type to be a groupie--she was kind of granola-ish complete with a fanny pack sitting on her tummy. But as soon as the music started she stood up. She was sitting in the first row of the section so it wasn't as if anyone was blocking her view--she was just getting into the moment. BUT, her butt and torso completely blocked my view. Her boyfriend's view was completely blocked, but she didn't seem to mind and he seemed to be along in the supportive I-don't-really-want-to-be-here-but-I-love-her role.



I was ducked down in my seat trying to see around her when all of a sudden she grabbed her jacket and spread her arms out wide. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Can you spell insensitive? L-A-D-Y--W-I-T-H--T-H-E--F-A-N-N-Y--P-A-C-K! Chris finally asked her if she would sit down when she turned around and sat on the railing, still blocking our view, not even watching the concert. Fortunately she stayed seated for the remainder of the concert because Chris kept telling me, "Just give her a little nudge."