Sunday, June 21, 2009

Knock Knock

Like typical kids, my girls love to tell Knock Knock jokes. Sometimes you have to just look at them and think, "Hmmmm." Kristen is getting into the spirit of it as well, but rarely makes any sense. I laughed in the front seat as she kind of messed up Misha's joke the other day. This is how the conversation went:

Misha: Knock Knock
Kristen: What?
Misha: You're supposed to say "Who's there?"
Kristen: Hoodalehoo (in a singsong voice)
Misha: No, I say Knock Knock and you say "Who's there."
Misha: Knock Knock
Kristen: Who?
Misha: Aggh, I don't like this game anymore.
Kristen: What?
Misha: Just stop.

Then Misha tried to pull another joke on Kristen later. The goal is to get the person to say "Under where?" with the joke in a 7-year old's mind being that the person just said "underwear." Potty humor.

Misha: What's under there?
Kristen: What?
Misha with more emphasis: What's under there?
Kristen: What are you talking about?
Misha: What's under there?
Kristen: What? (Curious but confused)
Mom: Misha, she's not going to say it so you might as well stop trying.