Monday, July 6, 2009

Cattle Drive



This really should be Chris' post since I didn't go along, but he can post from his perspective later. Keith and some of his family, brought the cows up close to the ranch house on Saturday evening in preparation for their early departure up to the summer grazing land. I thought we would be hearing cows all night long, but they weren't too noisy at all. We didn't even wake up until they were well on their way early Sunday morning. Chris jumped out of bed and was on a bike within a minute to catch up with them. I headed over to the house to start some breakfast, and after a short time, he was back again. He had come back to dress more appropriately, pick up some food, and bring his brother, Kevin, along. They rode bikes to catch up to the herd again, dodging around slick manure, as they coasted down the mountain highway. It was one of those rare moments in life of experiencing something completely new and amazing.