Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More fun with Kristen

So, Kristen has had some issues with Henry from preschool and his smell. I had talked to her about not making people feel bad with her nose-plugging. She was so pleased with herself last week when she said, "Henry didn't smell very good, and I didn't even plug my nose!" Woohoo.

On Halloween night, Amy and Misha had a friend over watching tv and Kristen had been tucked in bed. She was having a hard time staying in bed and going to sleep knowing they were still up AND watching a movie. After repeated "go get in bed!" moments, she finally came out of her room and said, "If you will clap for me, then I can go to sleep." Without missing a beat (because you know on the inside you are laughing), Chris and I started clapping. Ten seconds later, "Now go get in bed." "Ok, Mommy. Now I can sleep." And that was that. Chris and I just looked at each other, shook our heads, and said, "Well, that was a new one."

There aren't many threats that get Kristen moving faster than starting the parental count: 1.......2....... (that and hot sauce). Kristen barely makes it past one before she jumps up all panicky and does whatever she is supposed to do. Not sure why it works so well with her, but I am grateful.

Today at lunch, I asked Kristen what she was going to have. Her reply, "Hmmmm, I think I will order......" Seriously, order?