I was grateful to have picked up Anne of Green Gables from the library and happily introduced my daughters to one of my favorite shows. They've been hearing quotes from Anne all their lives, I was hoping they would recognize them. Misha picked up on one of my favorites when Anne was making up a story for Marilla about her broach that was lost. "It slipped....." So funny when she says it now. I always say to them when they ask "What are you doing?" and they can obviously see what I am doing, "Fishing for lake trout." So when Anne said that in the movie, I thought for sure they would recognize it. I said, "I say that to you all the time!" They looked at me with blank expressions. "Whatever," I muttered.
Amy made cookies all by herself. I gave a little direction in the combining and measuring of ingredients, but she made them from start to finish. Not like last time when they begged to make cookies, and I ended up finishing their double batch!
I just stuck the cookies in the freezer today, they kind of lost their appeal what with all the Halloween candy around here and all!