Friday, July 9, 2010

Hidden Valley Eye Care

Last summer, Christopher and I spent a couple of days in Utah helping two of my brothers prepare to move their Optometry practice from its original location to a larger, more spacious facility just a short distance away. The weekend ended with me backing our rental car into a light standard--and that was after I had had my eyes checked!

All of my girls began having eye check-ups early. Chris had a lot of eye problems as a baby and began wearing glasses at an early age, and we wanted to avoid a similar situation with our children. Both of my brothers are amazingly talented in working with children and visiting "Uncle Brad" or "Uncle Dallin" was a pretty fun experience.



Misha, we discovered, was hyperopic or farsighted and began wearing glasses for reading, computer time and tv watching at 3. She looked pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Fortunately, her eyes have improved as she has grown, and she wears her glasses less and less. Now she wants to wear glasses for the cuteness factor. I think her uncles could probably hook her up!



Last summer, when Hidden Valley Eye Care a.k.a. "the Practice" (as we like to refer to it) moved, my brothers added an additional dimension with FramedOptical, focusing more on sunglasses. They are exclusive carriers of Chanel, Custom Eyewear, and Tiffany & Co. as well as a number of other lines: Maui Jim, Prada, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Ray-Ban, Revo, Gucci, and Tag Heuer. Hmmmm. Which one to choose?