Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Swim Meet

Our girls joined the swim team for the summer. It was a little late in the season, but I figured it would be good, consistent exercise for the summer months. The normal season for swim team begins in October where the kids work on their strokes, dives, endurance and speed throughout the year. I think they begin having meets in January and then again in July.

For the first couple of sessions, Amy and Misha would come home exhausted. "Mom, they make us work so hard." For that very reason, both girls wanted to quit. Fortunately, they had friends who had joined at the same time whose mother also felt the experience would be beneficial on so many levels. They kept on going. "Murmur murmur murmur".

A couple of weeks ago, they had their first swim meet. I forgot my camera. It began at 7 am--that's seven in the morning--on a Saturday. None of us were too happy about that. Both girls did well, placing in most of their races. The last meet of the season was this past Saturday--again at 7 am! We missed two of the meets which were on Sunday, but they were not required to participate. Amy and Misha both have areas for improvement, but I was impressed with their efforts.

I learned from the previous meet to bring stuff to keep Kristen occupato. She's watching a movie on my iPod.



Amy was a little pooped after her race.



Misha waiting for her heat.