Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Visit

My girls were thrilled with the prospect of seeing more grandparents this summer. My parents flew in for a visit last week and stayed until Friday. Shopping is not the favorite activity for all of my children, nor my dad, so after the first day of tagging along, Misha and my dad opted to stay home. But during the first day of shopping, we picked up some lunch and spread out in the shade to enjoy the 80* weather.





Wednesday evening the weather wasn't so cooperative. We had thought it would be fun to go to Sunset Pool in Longmont, but the overcast sky, rain, and thunder nixed that idea for us. Instead, my parents offered to watch the girls while Chris and I went out. Okay, twist my arm will ya!

My mom is the craft lady. For as long as I can remember, she has kept herself busy with all kinds of crafts. Her hands are rarely idle, and my children love when she comes and teaches them fun new things. She taught all my girls how to make rope-style belts out of yarn.



Chris and I had tickets for our family to attend a New Members night at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science on Thursday evening. It included entrance to the museum and a meal. With a quick phone call, I was able to add my parents, and we enjoyed a delightful and not-so-busy evening checking out the different sections of the museum. Half way through the evening, my mom opted for a wheelchair. Kristen loved hitching a ride since she was getting tired.





Chris should have been just a little more scared here.





There were parts that I had never visited before, such as the roof deck on the fourth floor. It offered a beautiful view of Denver's downtown skyline. As you can see, my camera didn't capture it all that well. Trust me, though, it was beautiful.