Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Chris and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary this past week. His work schedule originally had him traveling most of last week, but one of his trips was canceled at the last minute. Since we usually take turns planning the celebration of our anniversary and Valentine's Day each year, I had to quickly come up with an idea mid-week rather than later. It was a Monday night and one our last nights of summer vacation. I pulled the middle seats out of the back of the van, put down the back seats, and spent a couple of hours cleaning, vacuuming and getting the van in tip-top shape for our in-van movie adventure. Once spic and span (which in and of itself would have been a treat for Chris since he diligently tries to keep our van free of kid-c**p), I filled the back with foam mattresses, pillow and blankets.



The girls wanted me to blindfold Chris and drive around until he was completely lost, but it's as though he has a GPS built in to his brain. I might get us lost, but he'd know exactly where we were. Instead we drove to DQ to pick up a dessert (which, by the way, blasted way past a simple sugar overload--Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard). We found a secluded spot at a local park, pulled out the iPad and settled back for our very own drive-in movie.

It wasn't elaborate, but it was fun and totally different. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

Turns out my arm is not long enough for a decent picture of the two of us together. I just gave up and snapped one of Christopher.