If ever there was a good time to be sick, Kristen picked it. Our schools have a late-start Wednesday once a month. The half-day Kindergartens switch off going in the afternoon on those late-start days. This month, Kristen was home, and it was a good thing. She had a fever of 103*, her body ached, and she threw up a couple of times. Poor little thing. The bad news was that Chris wasn't home for help and moral support. The good news was that Chris wasn't home and Kristen was more than happy to usurp his spot in our bed. In fact, she fell asleep on the couch (so cute I had to take a picture), and as I was taking her upstairs to bed she mumbled, "Can I sleep in your bed?" Usually that's not allowed, but with her continuous fever, I wanted to keep an eye on her. (With Chris being gone regularly, I get that question often enough. I can just imagine the fights my girls would have over whose turn it was to sleep in my bed THIS time!)
So, Kristen didn't have to worry about missing a day of school. She was better by Wednesday evening and raring to go Thursday morning.