Grandpa Kline had a layover in Denver Friday afternoon, so Chris and I picked up Kristen from kindergarten and headed off to the airport--or at least close to it. We enjoyed a quick lunch of chicken tortilla soup (mmmmm) at the hotel restaurant. Gr. Kline had to lobby (be ready to go) at 1:00 pm, so we didn't have a lot of time together, but it was nice to see him and chat over lunch. Kristen was especially excited that she got to go without her sisters, and made a point of letting them know she was going and they weren't. Amy begged for us to sign her out for the afternoon so that she could come with us, but after missing almost three days of school last week with a flu bug, we said no. Boo for her.
Kristen made a funny comment on the way home and when she said it, I thought, "I should write that down so I remember it." I didn't and now I don't remember it. But for those who are fans of the funny things Kristen says, please note that she did say something funny on Friday afternoon.