Saturday, December 24, 2011

Baptisms for the Dead

On the day that Amy turned twelve, she had an interview with the Bishop for her Limited Use Temple Recommend.  It was my mom who called one day asking if I wanted family file names for Amy to take to the temple for baptism work for the dead.  I enthusiastically said "yes" and scheduled a time with the Denver Temple schedulers for Amy to go to the temple with Chris and I to do the baptisms.

My mom picked up the names from her brother-in-law and sent 48 female family names and 33 male names.  With so many names, Amy invited her friends, Audrey and Drew, to come along.  Both Audrey and Drew had turned twelve this year and this was their first going to the temple to do baptisms as well.

Chris, Amy, and I picked up Audrey and Drew on December 23rd and drove to Littleton.  We didn't have a lot of extra time before our scheduled time at the temple.  We had planned to go to Chick-fil-A for lunch, but because it was so busy, we decided to stop after our temple visit.  There was talking non-stop in the back seat.  Kind of humorous to listen to their conversation and to chime in every so often.


Being in the temple with Amy was such a neat experience.  I was grateful to be able to share this "first" experience with her.