Friday, March 23, 2012

1st Grade Showcase

You'd have thought the entire school attended the 1st Grade showcase at the school, there was standing room only and not a particularly good view of the goings on at the front.  (I think there are four first grade classes).  Misha was sitting in the row ahead of Chris and I.  I wanted to take a picture of her, but every time Chris poked her to get her to look at me, she would turn around with a look of, "What am I doing wrong now?"


I will say that the showcases have improved this year with a theme and coordinated songs (still not so impressed with the music teacher though).  Kristen was pretty excited about her showcase.  She would say to me, "I can't practice my songs at home because they won't be a surprise."  She is pretty enthusiastic about anything she participates in. The kids were especially excited about the frog song and truly got in on the actions. Kristen is on the top row in the middle.


Again, Chris made a special effort to be home for Kristen's performance. He had to change to an earlier flight, but I know it makes a difference to our girls when he is there.