My baby is seven. Kind of surreal. I remember the morning she was born and heading for the hospital early, dropping her sisters off on the way with our good friends Jamie and Jeremy. We all say it, "Time flies," but blink and wow, seven years. This seven-year old girl has a definite plan for everything in life. Already she plans to live in Paris someday and be a famous fashion designer. We encourage her all we can; who's to say she won't live in Paris someday?
What better place than the mantle to stage the birthday presents? It is a popular place for all kinds of signs as well.
Part of Kristen's birthday plan included breakfast in bed, because she had seen pictures of her sisters eating breakfast in bed on their birthdays. Amy, Misha, and I headed up to her room around 7 am before Amy left for school laden with a camera and breakfast tray and ready to break into a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday", but it appeared as though Kristen was still sleeping. We backed out and closed the door, but not five minutes later, I heard the squeak of her door handle turning. I raced back to find her dressed with her bed made. She didn't protest when I told her to go back to bed! We did an instant replay...
Another part of Kristen's plan was to have a doughnut for breakfast. I picked one up the day previous and stored it in our second fridge where it went unnoticed by all peeps under twelve. "Hey, when did you get this?" and "Did you only get one?" Much to Misha and Amy's disappointment, I only bought one doughnut.
Misha didn't do to badly though. Amy handed Kristen a present to open and Kristen said to Misha, "Here, hold this for me," while handing over her doughnut. Misha took a bite here and a bite there. And she had no shame either when I finally noticed the top portion of Kristen's doughnut missing.
Kristen got a fun Polly Pocket gift from Grandpa and Grandma Kline and $$$ from the rest of the Grands. She wasn't complaining. I made her a cute "spa kit". She always wants to do spas on me, so I thought she would enjoy her own kit full of lotions, nail polishers, q-tips, a cloth, headband...she has already put it to good use.
Amy and Misha made Kristen's cake. I will have to say, I don't mind in the least that they want to do this. I am not a cake maker. Amy made cupcakes and then arranged them in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. It was loved.
Chris arrived home before noon on Kristen's birthday so that he was home to celebrate with Kristen in the afternoon and evening. Kristen's "plan" had included a trip to Boondock's Fun Center and Cinzetti's. Sadly for her we had to place that part on hold until the following Monday. That plan sometimes! Sheesh.
Happy 7th my sweet girl! You are loved.