Chris and I slept in a little on Sunday morning. We had coupons for breakfast at the Weber Grill and headed down around 10 am. Too much food. I ordered scrambled egg whites cooked with spray butter, to be specific, to go along with my oatmeal. In case you wanted to know.
Chris had researched the location of a church that wasn't too far from downtown. Sunday was an amazingly beautiful day; we enjoyed the lovely sunshine as we emerged from the subway and walked a couple of blocks to the Immanuel Elementary school where church was held. We were so lucky to be able to attend a Young Singles Award. So glad I am past that stage. But we had a young lady lead the music with the voice of an angel (she reminded me of Snow White), and a young man behind us with a lovely voice. I enjoyed the music the most.
We had a late check-out at the hotel and returned after Sacrament Meeting to eat a quick lunch and to pack up our stuff. We hopped back on the subway (we had purchased a subway day pass at Jewell-Osco Saturday evening). We dropped our suitcases off with the bellman at the Palmer Hotel closer to the waterfront. Who knew you could do that? Traveling with Chris is a learning experience for sure.
We spent a couple of hours checking out "The Bean" at Millenium Park a.k.a. Cloud Gate, Lake Michigan, the harbor, and Navy Pier. As we were returning to pick up our luggage, Chris said to me, "You sure do walk fast." I do, but usually we have no problem keeping up with each other. I responded, "Do you want me to slow down?" He joked, "No......that would be humiliating."
We returned to the Palmer Hotel, retrieved our luggage and walked a short distance to the El train to take the orange line back to Midway Airport. We ended being delayed by 45 minutes (boooo) because our flight crew was late arriving from another flight.
As we returned to Denver, we crossed paths with Grandma/pa Ball as they were waiting for their flight home. They left Chris' car in the parking garage and again, so slick, we just picked it up and headed home.