Though Halloween is not my favorite holiday, my children love it (probably as much as I did when I was their age). Doesn't it seem crazy though to knock on doors expecting to receive candy and treats and actually receiving them? And the costumes? What to wear? Oh, what to wear. This year Kristen wanted to be a bride, but she didn't want to wear the white dress-up dress. Misha to the rescue by offering to let Kristen wear her baptism dress. It fit perfectly and Kristen was thrilled. Amy made Kristen a veil, and I purchased a tiara for her.
When Chris and I went to London, all Misha requested was a guard hat. We repeatedly told her "no" thinking it would be impossible to fit in a suitcase. When we happened upon a fake fur hat in a souvenir shop outside the Tower of London, Chris and I both looked at each other and knew it would be perfect for Misha.
Amy, though we told her she was too old to trick or treat, still wanted to dress up for school. And, truth be told, it was pretty convenient to let her walk around with her sisters while Chris followed in the car. Sadly I didn't get a picture of her Minnie Mouse costume, but it was just as cute as last year.