This goes along with my post yesterday concerning the garage door. As I was writing a check for the gentleman who fixed the spring on the garage door, I commented that I appreciated that he came so quickly--and none of this, "We'll be there between 8 am and 5 pm" stuff. He replied that he knew people need to get out of their garages and if he didn't come promptly customers would find someone else who could be there in a timely fashion. I appreciated that. It's similar to the sentiment given by Southwest Airlines as you fly with them, "We know you have other choices; we appreciate that you choose us."
Work ethic in our world today is waning. Some of our youth, and adults, suffer from the video-game ethic of let me just sit here and play. My kids complain over Saturday chores, "Other kids don't have chores, Mom." My response, "Well you do and you always will. If I teach you nothing else in this world, I will have at least taught you how to work."