Christmas Eve is just as magical for my girls as Christmas Day. This Christmas Eve was just a little different. I try to create traditions, but it seems we have to tweak here and there every year. We arrived home from our trip to Utah around 7 pm. Chris and girls unloaded the car while Linda (Grandma Ball) helped me get dinner ready. We planned tacos; it was easy enough to purchase the necessary items before we left for Utah. We had a casual buffet style meal that seemed to satisfy everyone.
Once the dinner dishes were cleaned up, we sat down for a Christmas Eve devotional to invite the spirit of Christ into our family events of the next few days. At the beginning of December, we drew names, including Grandma and Grandpa, and planned for a gift exchange on Christmas Eve. I think it is a new tradition that we will continue.
And the long-awaited moment of bringing up the presents. Amy was pretty sneaky telling her sisters, "I'll arrange the presents under the tree and you bring them upstairs." I caught on to her sneakiness and told her she could help run the presents up the stairs as well. Grandma and Grandpa sat and watched as the floor around the tree overflowed with presents. They kept exclaiming, "More?" I warned them that I go overboard on Christmas.
Finally the presents were arranged, girls were excitedly sent off to bed, and I could breathe easy. Oops wait. Kristen was out of bed. She had pulled out her other front tooth. "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...." And now for the Tooth Fairy.
Christmas morning, here we come.