Almost home. We left Korea at 4:30 pm on Wednesday afternoon and arrived in San Francisco around noon on Wednesday. We were excited to be back in the United States of America. Once more through Customs and Immigration. We were a tired, rag tag looking bunch. Chris wasn't feeling so hot and my stomach started to follow suit. I thought maybe I was just hungry. The food options on our last flight hadn't been so wonderful.
We picked up some $6 parfaits (highway robbery), cereal, and milk in San Francisco. It was all crazy expensive. We finished eating and boarded the flight to Colorado. I fell asleep for some of the flight but began to feel really sick about an hour and a half in to the flight. I took some pepto bismal chews hoping they would help to settle my stomach. I tried to slowly sip water. I found the little blue "barf" bag in the seat pocket in front of me and just made it sure it was sticking up higher than anything else in the pocket. Nothing was helping, in fact, my nausea was increasing by the moment. I finally nudged Chris a couple of times. He must have been in a deep sleep because it took some effort to get him to wake up. Once he knew my plight, he was fully awake. I asked, "Do you have anything I can take?" He gave me two Immodium. I looked at the bottle. "That was for diarrhea, Chris!" Perhaps he wasn't fully awake.
You know that feeling you get? I grabbed the little blue bag and turned toward the window. I made certain to keep my nose on the outside of the bag. I was so stealthy at throwing up, Chris didn't even realize until I told him. He pushed the call button for me and a very helpful flight attendant (not always the case on a United flight) kindly took my bag away and brought me a ginger ale. I felt badly for the guy sitting next to Chris, but I also felt ten times better. Not 100% yet, but better. Not to worry about the Immodium, I was certain they were out of my system now.
We had made arrangements with our friend Claudia to pick us up. There was some confusion as she thought we were arriving at 7 pm. Our flight landed around 5 pm. She left her house mid-meal and headed off to the airport. By the time we had deplaned, found our luggage, reported Amy's bag as missing, she was waiting for us. We loaded our luggage in her van and fell exhaustedly in to her van. At this point, we were telling our kids not to sleep. We wanted them to be able to sleep a reasonable amount of time later.
We shared some of our experiences with Claudia and were just thrilled to be done traveling. We were home.