Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Amy's Nitro Story

When it comes to creativity and homework, Amy's got it down.  I thought this assignment was pretty clever:

Dear Nitrogen Mom and Dad,
 
My journey through the cycle of the life has been very chaotic. I started out in the atmosphere where I was born. You raised me until I was about six weeks old. Then that terrible night of the storm happened. I was the only one struck by lightning that night and, because of that, I was transformed into a solid quickly and traveled into the soil. I made friends and established a new home. Then things got sticky because of the all the bacteria. It got so bad that it turned me into gas once again, and I was heading back into the atmosphere. I thought I was going home, but by that time, I was two years old, and you decided to move on. I was so sad that I went and hid in the clouds. I accidentally mixed with water and together we became rain. I fell into the Atlantic Ocean, and again started a new life. I became very fond of a friend named Oxy. We talked for what seemed like forever and we eventually drifted into groundwater. Luckily, Oxy and I were still together. Then one night we were sleeping and when I woke up I had dissolved into surface water. Oxy was gone. Ahhh! I drifted through rivers and streams looking for him until I reached the Pacific Ocean. It seemed familiar, but much warmer than the last Ocean. By this time, it was my 5th birthday, and I felt different. Bacteria worked its magic once again, and I was back in the atmosphere. I am writing from the clouds awaiting my next journey. Hope to see you soon.


Love, Nitro Jr.