For years in our Monarch Estates home, we lived next to a family that always had dogs. They had two dogs when they first moved in that barked incessantly. Seriously nonstop--at nothing. It was annoying to say the least. A few years later, Kristen joined our family and her bedroom was on the side of the house that shared a fence with these particular neighbors. She was probably about five months old when I just couldn't take the dog barking any longer. It was so loud and obnoxious that it woke her up from her nap every. single. day.
I walked over to the neighbor's house to ask them to please quiet their dogs. They weren't home. I was so fed up at this point that I wasn't going to just let it slide. I returned home, wrote a note explaining the situation, and taped it to their front door. I had just had enough of a tired baby (and maybe I was little cranky too).
The wife later came over to apologize and suggested that they would try to keep the dogs in more or get them dog collars (though they didn't like the idea since it was unfair to the dogs). Well, I tell you, waking up my baby on a daily basis was unfair as well.
I can't say that I was at all disappointed when both dogs got old and died. My relief was only short-lived however as two new dogs showed up in the back yard within a month or so. Ughghg.
I was not in the least sad about moving away from these neighbors. There was no love lost during our nine years living next to each other. It was sad. We tried to be friendly. So the Karma? We sold our house earlier this year and some nice grandparents moved in...with their two dogs. One of which happened to be named Charlie. The name of our neighbor.
Shortly after we sold our house, Charlie put his house up for sale. And...he lamented to our other neighbors that he hoped "Charlie" the dog wouldn't be too noisy and barking when he was having showings at his house. I guess little Charlie-dog was fun, friendly, and a barker. It was karma.