And the unpacking began in earnest. The dining room, since we no longer had furniture for it and my family has told me many times since how much they liked that furniture, became the holding place for emptied boxes. If we were upstairs, we would drop the boxes to the living room and then break them down hoping that someone would want to come and get them--and soon! (We were fortunate that a friend of a friend came and took all of the boxes that we had unpacked after the first few days. We have more now, so if anyone has a need for boxes...)
We moved through the unpacking as quickly as possibly. I wasn't so concerned with organizing as I was with getting things out and on shelves and then coming back to give some thought to how I actually wanted things to look. I would find myself going from room to room unpacking, get distracted and not really getting one room fully done. Finally, I just decided to work on one room as much as possible and then move on. My first accomplishment was the pantry, then the kitchen, my closet, and bathroom. I suppose the reason for the lack of finishing is the need for some storage-type containers. We are getting close to having most boxes unpacked. The storage room still needs some work and decor will be on my list soon, and curtains. We have a lot of naked windows.