Volunteering in the classroom is an activity I have been able to participate in throughout my girls' school days. It wasn't quite so easy with Amy and Misha, but I remember taking Kristen along with me in her stroller.
I have started volunteering again this school year in Kristen's class. Her teacher, Mr. King, is a pretty cool guy, and all of the kids seem to really like him. He had me work with a group of kids on their math so that he could work with some other groups that needed a little more attention from him. When I returned to the classroom with my group, I found him sitting on the floor at the front of the room with young kids working around him. I think Kristen is fortunate to be in his class this year. The only drawback is that her class is in one of the portables.
I stayed and had lunch with Kristen, picking up some Subway before I headed over to the school. I think she enjoyed my time there but was a little disappointed that I opted out of staying for recess as well. Hmm... "Why not mom?"