Thursday, February 5, 2015

Misha and Honor Band - Part 2

Misha had Honor Band practice all day on Wednesday (Feb. 4) at Longmont High School.  It was just my luck that we had a crazy snow storm that morning.  I drove her and her friend, Morgan, and had to take the back roads because the traffic on 119 was totally backed up.  It took forever to get to the school, but we made it mostly on time.

After practicing all day long with a guest conductor and students from the school district, she and I returned to the school in the evening for her performance.  These kids were amazing.  I love to be able to watch Misha, her head a-bobbing to the beat.  Turns out, it is a percussion player kind of thing as even the high school percussionists bobbed their heads to the beat.  Might be because they are standing.  The other members of the band who are seated usually tap their feet to keep time.

The Middle School band and the High School band played and both were amazing.  So thrilled for Misha that she enjoys playing and tries out for Honor Band to improve her skills.