So, I found this cabinet on Target.com that would fit nicely in our front entry. After asking Chris his opinion, I ordered it and looked forward to its arrival. I knew that I would have to put it together, but I was okay with that. Reviews had stated that it was fairly easy. The cabinet arrived about five days later. I was hoping that the color would be a good match with the blue tones in our home.
Sadly, the first piece I spied was the top of the cabinet with a big chink in the corner that would have been visible front and center. Boo. Someone had dropped my box in transit. After all of the anticipation, I was going to have to return it and reorder. I pulled a small piece out for a color match and was happy to see that it fit in perfectly with my color palette.
I was able to return the box to a Target store and placed a second order hoping for a non-damaged cabinet this time. Another five days passed before my second cabinet was delivered, in prime condition. I unpacked each piece separately just to make sure. The pieces were covered in styrofoam so I pulled out the vacuum to clean up each piece as I pulled it out of the box. Such messy stuff.
And then, while Kristen and Chris headed out on a date, I started to put the cabinet together. It wasn't until I had put one of the doors on that I realized that I had installed the very first piece upside down so that the little magnet things were blocking the sliding of the drawer instead of attaching to the doors. AAAAGHHGHGHGHG!
I didn't have the patience to start again Saturday evening and it wasn't until Monday morning that I was ready to tackle it again. It came apart quite quickly and went back together just as efficiently. I snagged one of Chris' levels from the garage to make sure that it was all square since one of the doors hadn't sat squarely after being attached the first time. The structure was square; sadly, the holes drilled for the doors were off. I finished putting the cabinet together and placed it in its new spot--Chris said that he would help fix the doors over the weekend.
Moral of the story: Follow instructions perfectly.