Thursday, January 31, 2019

Aced the Calculus Test!

For the past week, Amy has been studying in preparation for her calculus test yesterday.  She has a study group and spent time with them along with some one on one sessions.  She invested a lot of time in preparing for the test.

Yesterday the students were able to come to class for additional instruction, if needed, but didn't have to attend if they didn't want.  Amy chose to go to the help session and spent the hour asking questions and clarifying.  Her words, "I could hear your voice and Dad's voice in my head asking if I understood everything and was fully prepared.  I just knew I needed to get all the help that I could."  (Bonus when your child's inner voices nag and you as the parent don't even have to say a word!)

Today, Amy excitedly texted that she earned 95% on the test--the highest score in her study group!  So proud of all of her hard work.  She's learned some great life skills.  And she's learning she can handle the hard stuff!