Monday, March 25, 2019

Spring Break 2019 - Day 3

Monday was our chill day at the beach.  The girls wanted to do a little shopping as well, so we scouted out a few tourist shops.  We turned right out of there condo complex, but we should have gone left.  We drove around for about a half an hour when we decided to find the Harbor Shops.  Turns out it was just around the corner from our apartment complex—we could have walked there.  We took our car back to the complex to park it and then walked over to the shops.


We walked along the beach to the wooden pier where the girls were more than ready for lunch at Ruby’s on the pier by the time we arrived.





It was spendy and the service was slow but a fun place to eat.  I had been there during a college trip 30ish years ago and didn’t realize that Oceanside was the place where Ruby’s was located.

We spent the afternoon at the beach.  Our condo was well stocked with beach chairs, sand toys, towels, and boogie boards.  Misha soaked up some sunshine while Amy and Kristen took a few tentative steps in to the chilly Pacific Ocean.  It didn’t take long for them to take their boogie boards into the bigger waves and have some fun riding the waves.  Chris and I sat on the beach with our jackets on.  It really wasn’t terrifically warm, but the girls enjoyed themselves.  









We watched a dad and his teenage son build a huge sand castle and finally give it over to some young boys when it was time for them to leave the beach.  The boys destroyed the sand castle in no time at all.    


Amy and Kristen retired their boogie boards.  Amy lay in the sun alongside Misha, though I don’t know that she ever warmed up as she had goose bumps all over every time I looked over at her.  Kristen played in the sand, but got bored after awhile and headed back in to the ocean.  I don’t know how she handled being cold for so long, but she had a great time catching waves.

We were all in agreement when I finally suggested we go back to sit in the hot tub at the apartment complex.  I limped along all day as my feet hurt more and more throughout the day.  Some of us had to change in to our swim suits to enjoy the hot tub, but we met the girls there and relaxed in the warmth.

The girls still wanted to do a little shopping, but by the time we found some other tourist shops to peruse, most of them were already closed for the day.  Amy wanted me to take some pictures of her by the beach as the sun went down.  Not sure how great they will turn out, but I always enjoy trying.  We were close to a fast food type shop and all got fish tacos for dinner.  





We returned to the condo (thankfully Chris brought the car closer to the restaurant so I wouldn’t have to walk so far).  He and I worked on making travel plans for our summer holiday.