Monday, April 19, 2021

Happy 16th Birthday

Probably not so much fun to have your 16th birthday on a Monday! I even offered to let her do home from school that day, but she didn't want to have to do makeup work for her PE class. 

I made a cinnamon streusel cake for Kristen on Sunday morning since that is another birthday tradition (and I knew I wouldn't have time on Monday morning).


Kristen's young women leaders dropped off a little treat and posted a birthday sign in our front yard.

Misha was so awesome to decorate the house on Sunday evening for Kristen.

On Monday evening, I made the requested birthday dinner of crepes. 

I tried to stall after dinner as Kristen also had a birthday cake. I had invited a couple of her friends to come over and surprise her and join her for cake (we hope to do a birthday party soon).

We opened presents before the birthday cake. Kristen was happy with a new winter jacket that has a zip out lining, a massage, Ulta gift cards, cash, new clothes, a game, and makeup.


Around 7:15 pm, Kristen's friends, Sophie, Bella, Lydia, and Kate rang the door bell and yelled "surprise" as she opened it.




She had been thinking this would be a pretty lame birthday, especially since it started snowing in the late afternoon.

Turns out, she had an awesome day.

And I did let her do school from home on Tuesday.