After planting for four years now, I have a pretty good rotating plan.
The strawberries pretty much have taken over their 4x8 garden box. I do still add one tomato plant and a marigold plant that helps to keep bugs away.
I plant about five more tomato plants in garden pots.
I also plant zucchini, peas, carrots, parsley, basil, beans, and potatoes. I was smart and kept some seed potatoes from garden last year to use in planting this year. I think they have eyes. What do you think?
Outside the fence of my garden I have started planting pumpkins and watermelon. Each year my garden attempts become a little more successful.
My asparagus didn’t last after two years in the box with the strawberries, so I think I am going to plant a larger permanent section of asparagus outside the garden fenced area.
I might have to encircle it with chicken wire to keep the rabbits out of it though.
My dad will probably gasp, but I decided to pull out my raspberry bushes. They were planted in a small 1x4 planter and were already getting out of control. I planted onions in that planter instead.