Kristen missed the turn to get to the restaurant and had to drive a little further toward the Wendy's close by so that she could turn around.
As she flipped her blinker to turn, she noticed a bunch of police cars had pulled over a car and was feeling anxious about not getting pulled over herself. She may have been paying so much attention to the police cars that she turned left right when another car was coming through the intersection and got t-boned.
Thankfully, both cars were going at a pretty slow speed and didn't have any physical injuries (at least that we know of yet), but one of the side airbags in Kristen's car deployed.
The older man that hit her has front end damage to his car and I guess we'll find out if there is any more damage once we get the police report.
Chris had been watching the BYU football game and I had gone upstairs to watch tv. It was about 11:30 and I was dozing when I heard Chris come into our room and say, "Kristen just got into an accident!"
It took me a moment to wake up and process what he said. I got up to get ready to go with him, but I guess I was taking too long because he left without me.
He called in a bit to say that no one was seriously hurt but it was likely that Kristen had caused the accident. Groan.
He now needed me to find a ride with a neighbor to come and pick up his car and Kristen while he drove the Mazda home.
A couple of minutes later, our next door neighbor, Mike, knocked on the door and we drove about 7 minutes to Wendy's. Chris and Kristen were standing by the Mazda on the side of the road but walked over to Wendy's as we arrived. The officer had cleared them to leave.
Kristen started crying as they walked away from the car, having held it together until then. I wrapped her in a hug and then bundled her into Chris' car.
Chris snapped a few pictures of our car and the other guy's car.
Mike followed Chris home as Chris drove the Mazda. It was drivable, but with some of the airbags deployed, we are not sure if it will be totaled or not.
Kristen is shaken up, as you can imagine.
