Friday, October 28, 2022

Montreal Day Two

I didn’t sleep much in the flight. Maybe an hour if I was lucky. Once deplaned, I made my way to the terminal and asked for directions to the Uber pick up area. Yay for friendly people. 

I found the Uber driver and had a twenty minute drive to the Marriott Residence Inn Downtown. With a quiet knock on the door, I woke Chris up and was glad to have finally made it. After removing my makeup, we both slept for about three hours. Chris was finished with his meetings for the week, so we had a couple of days to explore. 

We were switching from the Marriott to a Hilton Homewood Suites. It was located right on the edge of Chinatown. The hotel was fairly new and the first six floors were a Hampton Inn. The next 14 floors above that were the Homewood Suites. Our room was on the top floor and we were pleasantly surprised to find a washer dryer in our room. That was a first. 



We dropped off our stuff and headed out to explore. We started out by taking the metro to “the Mountain” where we walked/hiked up to the top (it is not really a mountain by Colorado's standards). 




It is a popular area in town, and many people were out walking, jogging, even roller skiing along the path. We reached the chalet at the top and stopped for a snack, pictures, and a rest. 

If only we were visiting two weeks earlier, the color would have been amazing. As it was, most of the leaves had fallen off the trees. But it must have looked amazing.

We wandered around in Old Town Montreal after catching the bus and found a small cafe where we shared a pizza and salad. We opted not to ride the Ferris wheel but took pics instead and walked along the old town street of Saint Paul’s. 





We had tickets to the evening light show at the Botanical Gardens. After returning to our hotel room to add a few extra layers and pack gloves and scarves in the backpack, we took the metro to the Botanical Gardens. We stopped for a few minutes to tour the gardens in the day time. There was a tiny bit of color.

We then went in search of dinner at a restaurant that was a walk, train ride, and then more blocks of walking away from the gardens.






Fusion Loco was pretty good and worth the effort of getting there. At the servers suggestions, Chris and I shared a plate, but I bet we could have enjoyed the same plate for each of us. 

We returned to the gardens, bundled up in our puffy jackets, scarves, and gloves for the Garden of Light and Lantern show. The show had us wandering through the Chinese and Japanese Gardens and was packed with lots of puffy clad families. 




With the going down of the sun, the temperatures dipped and Chris and I kept moving in order to stay warm.