I woke up from the sound of some crazy bug. It didn't sound like a cicada, but it was intense and trilling and non-stop.
I thought it was outside, so I closed the sliding door in our bedroom.
The bug was smart enough to stop making noise when I moved around the room. Mind you, it is 5:15 am.
I could still plainly hear the bug with the slider closed and finally just got out of bed. I wasn't going back to sleep!
When Chris got home, I heard the bug again and had him be quiet to hear it too.
During the light of day, we followed the sound and realized that the crazy bug was in our room.
Chris was resting and texted me, "Got him!"
I took a pic of this tiny bug that made so much noise. I think it is a narrow winged tree cricket. Google the name and sound it makes and you'll hear just how annoying it was!