Sunday, September 17, 2023

Crazy Day at the Nail Salon

I visited the salon this morning for a pedicure.

While there, I kept up to date on social media while half-listening to another patron who was getting her face waxed while her fingernails were drying.

She talked about knowing there were hairs growing on her chin but she just couldn't see them.

I had also noted that my salon professional was not in a good mood. Her face was like stone and what usually would take about 45 minutes to an hour for a pedicure, she finished in 35 minutes.

As she finished my pedicure, the owner's husband walked into the salon and my salon lady just started going off on him.

She was speaking in Vietnamese, so I didn't understand a word, but she was ANGRY.

After she walked away, the owner's husband walked over and apologized to me. Kim, the owner, apologized to me and the salon lady came back and apologized, but then she tried to tell me in broken English something about her license and not being allowed to do something.

During all of this, the older lady, who had her face waxed, was having her nails finished and tried to break the ice with some crazy statements.

She started talking about getting older and having hair just start growing in crazy places. She had the audacity to look at me, point, and say, "Ask her. She knows."

I looked at one of the other salon workers and said, "She just called me old!"

It was a crazy morning. I got a lot more apologies before I left.