Saturday, November 18, 2023

Hike to Lost Lake on the Hessie Trail

After driving around last weekend on a Sunday afternoon, Chris and I came back to the Hessie Trail in Boulder Canyon for a hike to Lost Lake.

I imagine parking might be more of an issue in the summer months when it is a lot busier because parking is only allowed in certain areas along the road. Even in November, there were plenty of people out enjoying a hike.

We started up the mountain along an old mining road. There were lots of loose rocks and even some small boulders all along the path. You had to watch your step. It had snowed a week or so ago and there were still remnants of snow in the shaded parts of the path.

We hiked into the middle of a waterfall. Pretty sure we wouldn't be able to do that in the summer months.



After hiking for about an hour and a half, we finally reached Lost Lake.

The wind whipped off the mountain around the edge of the lake, so we hiked to a more secluded spot to enjoy a makeshift lunch. 

Unfortunately for Chris I forgot to pack my crampons. I say unfortunately for Chris because he accidentally packed mine. There were a few slippery spots hiking back down the mountain.