Thursday, November 16, 2023

Sunday Drive

Chris and I took a beautiful mountain Sunday drive to enjoy some of the last warm days of fall. Since I have been sick, I wasn't up to a hike on Saturday, so a Sunday drive was a great way to get out and enjoy Colorado.

We drove up Left Hand Canyon, meandered through some country roads that were unpaved, drove on snow and ice in the shaded parts of the canyon and finally ended up coming down Boulder Canyon.

The last time we came down the canyon, we encountered a car accident.

This time, just after coming out of the Boulder Canyon tunnel, we noticed some cars pulled over and people performing CPR on a man on the ground. We determined that there were enough people stopped to help; we continued on out of the mountains until we could get a signal and call 9-1-1 after about ten minutes.

Not ideal, but I don't think anyone else had called yet. We finally saw an ambulance on its way (hopefully), but knew it would take at least another ten minutes for it to get back to the tunnel. 

We aren't likely to ever know the outcome, but I sure hope the man survived.