Saturday, January 20, 2024

Glenwood Springs Weekend - Day 2

Chris planned to go skiing at Sunlight Mountain Resort. It was about 30 minutes outside of Glenwood Springs.

He enjoyed the day talking with locals, skiing a number of runs, and only having a mishap or two on the slopes.


I stayed at the hotel and worked on blogging. Late in the day, I decided to walk over to Target across the river. The front desk girl at Hampton recommend that I take the street behind the hotel and follow it. I figured that at some point the road would cross over, but no, I saw Target and the shopping area across the way as the road I was on continued on. 

I finally texted Chris that I was on this crazy road and wasn't sure how I was supposed to get over to Target. He was on his way back from skiing.

I mapped myself to Target and the route took me back the way I had come.

Since I had wanted to get some walking and exercise in, I couldn't complain that the path I took helped me do just that.

Chris finally arrived back in Glenwood Springs, returned his ski equipment and came to find me. We ended up at Target and shopped a little. Chris had been wearing boots but changed into some attractive socks and sandals.

We choose Slope & Hatch for tacos for dinner. Awesome fish tacos for me!