Monday, January 22, 2024

Glenwood Springs Weekend - Day 4

We planned a snowmobiling adventure back up at the Sunlight Mountain Resort.

I was impressed with our snowmobile tour guide, Ty. Within ten minutes of meeting the guests, he had everyone's names memorized. That's a skill.

We got our winter layers on, got boots and helmets and then received some instruction.




There was about six ski-doos plus Ty on his "sled". We rode for about an hour, stopped and played in an open field, and then returned to the resort. I was glad that I had put on so many layers.

I had fleece-lined pants, fleece lined snow pants, a shirt, fleece jacket, and two puffy jackets. I was even more happy to see that the handles for both the driver and the passenger on the ski-doos were heated.


My helmet was a little too big and kept falling forward. The clear plastic visor sure helped with the windchill on your face though.

We had asked for a late check-out from the hotel. We hurried back from our snowmobiling tour, packed up all of our stuff, stopped for a quick lunch at Jimmy Johns and then were on our way home.

The roads were clear and we were down the mountain before the majority of the traffic hit.