Saturday, December 13, 2025

Garage Heater

Chris spent a couple of hours installing a heater in the garage. I checked on him every so often to make sure he was ok, and spent quite a bit of time helping him find studs on the ceiling, secure 2x4s to the studs and then lift the heater in place. It was not light. Once we got the heater to the top of the ladder, I suggested maybe we find something to set under the heater to lift it even closer to the ceiling.

A Rubbermaid tote fit the bill quite nicely. There were moments though as Chris tried to secure the heater to the 2x4s when the heater was literally being held up by my arms and head!

Finally Chris was able to get enough anchors in that I didn't have to lift it anymore and we moved the heater into place. He then spent time attached the pipe from the heater to the healing vent, hooking up electricity, and finally hooking up the gas that had been stubbed out for him during our build. 

Chris was quite thrilled when everything worked!